Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Hip, Buttock & Groin Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old sprain pains debilitating my life

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ask a PT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old sprain pains debilitating my life
    Posted: Apr 05 2016 at 8:47am
Our user asked: "Hi 10 years ago I sprained my L SI joint and I have had popping and pain in that area now for 10 years and it's gotten worse. Since trying a si joint belt (and then stopping) pain travels around to the front and the side of my hip and down the back and side of my leg. Also 6 years ago I sprained a few of my right toraco vertebral joints and now those ribs back there pop out in the front and the back and they hurt very badly and shoot pain down my arm into my ring finger and I help it with chiropractic care and a foam roller. I help my hip/si joint with stretching and gentle exercise. But it seems like the more exercise I do on my upper back the worse the pain gets is there any hope for my sprained ligaments ? Will they ever tighten back up somehow and let me a live life without pain and constant therapy ?"

Ask a PT Response: Often times after an injury which you have described an imbalance can occur as a result of sustaining the injury and your body compensating for it. Chiropractic care can be beneficial for facilitation of more normal alignment but other steps should be taken to ensure the alignment is sustained. Often times strengthening of weak muscles, stretching of tight muscles and postural reeducation is required as well. It may be beneficial for you to consult with a PT so that an evaluation can be conducted and an individualized plan of care and be developed for you based on the findings from the exam. Best of luck to you."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic