Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Lower Extremity & Knee Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

muscle behind right thigh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: muscle behind right thigh
    Posted: Aug 01 2015 at 7:53am
Our user asked: "A couple of months ago I'm pretty sure I pulled the muscle behind my right thigh (It was slightly uncomfortable when I walked or exercised and painful when I stretched). I use to dance 3 years ago and I?m trying to get back in dance, so I have been working on getting my left/right splits back. I?m assuming I pulled the muscle while doing so. I gave the stretching a break for a couple of weeks and I iced it and put a heat pack on it every now and then. The pain finally went away and I started stretching again. The pain was still existent, but it was very slight so I decided to push through it. I continued to stretch every day and I was getting closer to having my right split but the closer I got, the more the muscle started hurting again. Although it doesn't hurt doing everyday things and when I exercise anymore, I?m still feeling the pain when I try to sit in a straddle or split or any kind of stretch that includes the muscle. I have discontinued stretching for now, but I would like to get back in dance as soon as possible so I was wondering what the best route to take is. Is this something that will pass or should I talk to my doctor?

Ask a PT Response: "It sounds like you may have possibly injured your hamstring. Returning to dance and performing the specific position (splits/straddle) required of you most likely re-exacerbated your condition. You may have an imbalance or have some issues at the hip or knee which could be contributing to your condition. Since you want to return to dancing at the highest level possible, it would probably be best to have a PT examine you to determine what could be contributing to your condition. A plan of care can then be developed which can be tailored to your specific needs. Best of luck to you."
Sponsored Links

Kyrillos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyrillos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2022 at 1:06pm
Some of the most common causes of pain in the back of the knee (posterior knee pain) include, Baker's cyst, arthritis, infection, injury, tumor, or deep vein thrombosis.
ramoncito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramoncito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2023 at 8:35am
Hi all! thought I might share this for those interested in exploring somatic equine therapy, I recommend checking out https://equineguidance.com/They are a reputable organization that offers comprehensive training programs and resources in this field. You can find more information on their website Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic