Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Shoulder Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SC Joint Recovery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SC Joint Recovery
    Posted: Jun 23 2015 at 4:34pm
Our user asked: "Hello, I sustained an anterior Sterno-clavicular dislocation due to a wrestling match. It has healed some, but there is still discomfort and I'm not 100% yet. I was wondering what exercises (types of bands, free weight, etc.) would help speed the process to a full recovery. Certain exercises would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!"

Ask a PT Response: "The SC joint plays a small role with assisting with shoulder ROM. Have you worked with a PT in the past? Often times manual therapy to the joint and the muscles around it may be required to help achieve pre injury level. As far as bands, free weight, etc. - it would be difficult to determine what exercises would be appropriate for you without physically examining you. It may be best if you consult with a live PT so that he or she can perform an evaluation and determine a plan of care which will be tailored to your specific needs."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic