Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Arm, Elbow, Wrist & Hand Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tricep pain - can't lift arm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tricep pain - can't lift arm
    Posted: Sep 10 2014 at 2:48pm
Our user asked: "Yesterday I was at Crossfit we were doing a workout consisting of deadlifts and overhead squats in a 21-15-9 rep schedule. My right wrist was sore from accidentally falling on it this weekend so I decided to just overhead squat a 35lb bar and then do 145 for the deadlifts. All of the sudden in my last set of overhead squats I felt a numbness in my left arm from the shoulder to the hand. It went away as soon as I finished with the squats and moved to my final deadlifts so I didn't think much of it. Fast forward to last night and this morning. I now can't raise my arm above my head without a severe sharp pain all down my tricep/bicep."

Ask a PT Response: "I'd give your shoulder/arm a rest for awhile. Some ice and an anti-inflammatory med per manufacturer/MD recommendation. Hopefully you just strained your triceps. Is there any bruising? Had you tore anything, it would have been very dififcult for you to have completed your workout and you would have been in a lot of pain which wouldn't have diminished."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic