Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Lower Leg, Ankle & Foot Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post-tear lump on Achilles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post-tear lump on Achilles
    Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 10:56am
Our user asked: "Hi, Last December 2012, I partially tore my Achilles with most of the injury occurring on the right leg, where the medial gastronomicus ends at the plantaris tendon. Since I could still walk, I taped it for 2 months until the pain with walking went away. I was also rolling a can of soup over the injured area to break up scar tissue. But, now it's July, and I notice the lump when I point my toes outward. When I press on it while the leg is relaxed, the lump is firm. Could I still benefit from a roller massage and will the scar tissue reduce with continued use of the roller? I did neglect doing this massage for the last 3 months and wonder if the damage is done. Thanks."

Ask a PT Response: "With my patients that have this conditions similiar to yours, we have found scar tissue mobilization to continue to be effective. I think manual scar tissue mobilization will be alot more effective than the roller as you can get deeper and focus on the area. I hope this helps."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic