Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Head & Neck Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trapezius / Rhomboid Strain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trapezius / Rhomboid Strain
    Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 4:18pm

Ask a PT

156 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  13:35:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our user asked: "I was recently in a semi accident and am suffering pain in my left shoulder, neck, going down my back and arm - Workers Comp Dr. has diagnosed condition as Trapezius/Rhomboid Strain, Shoulder/Upper Arm Strain and Lumbar Strain - I am currently going to physical therapy but not sure its getting any better - what do you suggest?? How long do these type of injuries take to heal?"

Ask a PT Response: "It is not uncommon to sustain a strain at the various musculature of the neck/shoulders/back when involved in a motor vehicle accident. In most cases a strain of the musculature is less severe compared to involvement of discs, ligaments or joints. Participation in physical therapy should help facilitate a more speedy recovery. Recovery from a strain can vary and depends on the person, past medical history, compiance with home exercise progam/instruction and severity of injury. From my experience it usually takes anywhere from 3-4 weeks best case scenario to 12+ weeks for worst case scenario. Your physical therapist should be able to give you a better prognosis as he or she continues to work with you. Good luck with your rehab and thanks for using CyberPT."

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic