Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Head & Neck Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neck pain and Headaches?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Previous CPT Forum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neck pain and Headaches?
    Posted: Jul 08 2008 at 4:10pm

Rome

2 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  15:24:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in a car accident about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I was at a stop and was rear ended. I experienced some whip lash. My neck became tight and sore for a couple days afterwards. I did have my seat belt on. My neck is better now but still tight. However, I have been getting headaches for the past 3 days now. Can this be related to the car accident? If it is, what can I do to get rid of them?
Thanks
Rome

jfanta

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  18:11:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rome,
The headaches that you are experiencing can be contributed to your car accident. When the muscles in your neck become injured you can develop tightness resulting in tension headaches. You could also develop a myofascial dysfunction, where the motor units of your neck muscles are not functioning properly, resulting in referred pain or headaches. Stretches for your neck and massage to the muscles of the neck are the best way to help with this. Look up neck stretches online or visit the Cyber PT video page. I would stretch your upper traps and levator scapulae as these are muscles are usually involved. If it hurts to stretch than don't stretch that hard. If it still hurts than don't do it. For better results I would recommend seeing a physical therapist.
Good Luck
Jay

Rome

2 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  13:20:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jay,
Thanks for the advise. I did the stretches and have been having someone give me massages to the muscles in my neck which have helped. I have not had a headache for 3 days now. Awesome!
Thanks Again
Rome

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic