Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Lower Leg, Ankle & Foot Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sartorius strain with calf pain?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sartorius strain with calf pain?
    Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 9:47am

Our user asked: "I've had pain in my inner, upper thighs and calves for a number of days. Looking at a diagram of the leg muscles and doing some reading, I am convinced the sartorius muscle is involved in this, but I'm not sure if the sartorius could also cause me to have the calf pain. The calf pain runs directly through the calf muscle behind the bone. It hurts when I walk in both of my calves. The sartorius muscles in my thighs don't hurt when I'm at rest or walking, but there is radiating pain when I pull my knees up while in a seated position, for example. Advice?"

Ask a PT Response: "The satorius functions to flex, abduct and externally rotate the hip as well as assist with flexion at the knee. The body functions like a kinectic cahin. Having issues at one area can contribute to issues at another area. I would not rule out isues at the sartorius as a possible contributor to your calf pain, but my guess would be you have other things going on as well (ie. issues at your ankle/feet, mechanics, etc). The best thing for you to do would probably be to see a PT, so that an evaluation can be conducted to determine what specific issues may be contribbuting to your thigh and calf pain. He or she can then develop a plan of care tailored to your specific needs."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic