Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Head & Neck Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chronic Neck Pain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ask a PT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chronic Neck Pain
    Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 10:05am
Our user asked: "I'm a 50 year old male with chronic neck pain. My HMO has checked me out thoroughly and their best diagnosis is "cervicalgia", otherwise known as "neck pain". My PT believes I have limited mobility at the bottom and top of my cervical spine, and that the central cervical is doing most of the work which is where I have the most pain. No amount of PT, exercising, stretching or massage seems to be moving me off of the dime. I also have a constant headache and nocturnal arm numbness. Any thoughts? Thanks"

Ask a PT Response: "Has your PT performed joint mobilizations on your cervical spine? I have found joint mobs very effective with helping achive increase joint mobility and with alleviating headaches.There is alot of research out there that supports this. ie: http://www.udel.edu/PT/PT%20Clinical%20Services/journalclub/caserounds/02_03/apr03/Schnoensee.pdf"
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic