Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Physical Therapy Professional Forum > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PT jobs in NYC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tejalks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PT jobs in NYC
    Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 12:03pm
Hello All,

I would like to share my views about the company I work for in NYC. It may help other job seekers who are looking out for jobs in NYC.

I work for InterFysio, LLC. It is a staffingcompany based in downtown Manhattan. It specializes in recruiting PTs, OTs & Speech & Language Therapists. For more information about them please take a look at their website http://www.interfysio.com/

I am writing this review, because each day fellow therapists from my home country or my juniors in the US (who are studying for their Masters or DPT), send me an email or call me up to discuss about vacancies or how to go about job hunting in the US. I thought that there may be many others who would benefit from the review I write about the staffing company I work for. Yes I am an employee of InterFysio but that doesn't mean that I am doing all this to gain extra $$$ from them. These are purely my views about the company, based on my experience with them.

My journey with InterFysio started from 2008-09, when they helped me with my NY credentialing process & applied an H1B visa for me from my home country. I came to the US, completed my NPTE within 2 weeks of my arrival & started working with them. They placed me at a client site - a school system which was an altogether new experience for me, since there is no school based PT in my home country. Although I had little experience in the School system, I accepted this placement happily since I wanted to gain experience in a different setting.

After 1 year in the school system, I expressed interest in an Out patient set up, since Orthopedics is my area of choice. I wasn't sure if the Director at InterFysio would consider this request of mine. But to my surprise, I was given an Out patient client. When I realised that I needed more challenging work at an Out patient clinic with emphasis on hands on PT techniques like STM, MFR & Manual therapy, I was sent to a different client for an interview by the staffing company(again I requested them to do so). I cleared the interview there, but due to personal reasons, I couldnt join this new client. This entire story may seem too long here, but the reason for mentioning this is - InterFysio strives hard to place you at a client / work location of your choice. Everyone writes this statement - " The company will place you at your work place of choice". But according to me, if its not supported with a personal experience, its sounds false.

Another plus point of the company is that - it has tremendous knowledge about immigration rules & policies. I had some immigration issues & the Directors assured me that they would take care of it & they did. Very few companies support you / foreign employees who are applying from their home country. It is easy to support a student on OPT, who is physically present in the US, but InterFysio will support all their employees - whether they are physically present in the US or not. They will make sure that the candidate receives all the necessary documents needed for Immigration & Visa.

The entire staff - Directors, Rehab Coordinator & the office administrative staff is very friendly & approachable for any problems you face. All you need to do is drop them an email or call them up. You will surely find a solution to your problems.

Its been 3 years working with the company now & I continue to work with them.

Good luck to all the job seekers.
TKS
Sponsored Links

athenmartin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athenmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 12:50am
Thanks for the information. I will share it with all other people in my contact. Hope it will help somebody...Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic