Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Low Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Low back pain with random leg pain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdemers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Low back pain with random leg pain
    Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 8:35pm
Hello, about 4 months ago I started Crossfit and I was really enjoying it. I went to a local gym on an off day and I was doing the push press and felt a minor tweak in my lower right back which wasn't all that painful. Over the next few days it lingered and became a dull achy pain towards the top of my hip. I continued Cross fit for about another month as the pain would subside when I was warmed up and working out. I have since stopped all of that and rested it for a week at a time on numerous occasions. I found that the pain came back the most severe after I did dead lifts and any overhead exercises.

At this point it is sometimes uncomfortable to sit with the dull achy pain and when it is at its most severe, I have a bit of a radiating pain that ends at the front of my leg just above my knee. I have been doing back extensions and lying on my stomach and alternating lifting opposite leg and arm to strengthen my back. I am wondering what else I can do or if it is severe enough to see a PT?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

athenmartin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athenmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 4:48am
As the pain is severe i would suggest you to visit some chiropractor. The reason of the pain may be displacement of some muscle.As prolonged pain can cause adverse effect on your health,so consider this as high time to visit some experts.Hope this helps! 
davidmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2018 at 3:20am
You should contact any orthopedic doctor. He will give you the right solution. You can do an X-Ray or MRI for serious cases. If there is any fracture found, it needs surgery. Otherwise, doctor will suggest your physiotherapy, medicine, exercise and rest. Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic