Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

leg muscle ache irritation cool feeling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zer0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: leg muscle ache irritation cool feeling
    Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 9:51pm

I used to run for a year or two and I picked up a few stretches off the internet that I used after I had problems with my IB bands ilotibiol bands or whatever you call them. so I started those stretches and it improoved at that time while I ran I felt the same feeling I am haveing problems with currently 

a tight irritated feel on the side of the leg.

I thought it was normal while I was running just my muscle getting exercised. 

Now after I stopped running for a while 7 months (or rather fast jogging and power walking combo). I have been feeling the same feeling in my right leg and occationaly in my left.

recently I have been sleeping on only my back only due to a unrelated issue.

I started one of my stretches to try to coap with this issue on occation

its this sit ouchy leg out other leg folded like a triangle against the other lean forward with my hands(while sitting on floor) and streach my hamstring for 3-5 seconds maybee 3 times or so

it has gotton some better since I did the stretches but still is there most of the time it has like a cool feeling once in a while there its just above my knee on the right side of my right leg

I talked to my doctor about this and all he said was physical theropy

so can anyone tell me what to do that will heal this

thanks

Edited by zer0 - Sep 03 2012 at 9:55pm
Sponsored Links

zer0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zer0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2012 at 4:45am

anyone?

it seems to have gotten a bit  better now more mild but could come back whats the official stretch or thing I can do

Ask a PT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2012 at 9:37am

It sounds like you are referring to an ITB stretch: http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=6099 . It is odd you are experiencing the cool sensation. Has your MD cleared your back to make sure you are not experiencing symptoms in your leg(s) as a result of issues at your back?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic