Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Shoulder Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should impingement syndrome

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ask a PT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should impingement syndrome
    Posted: Aug 31 2012 at 2:22pm
Our user asked: "I have been doing physical therapy 3x a week for shoulder impingement syndrome. I am much better..better range of motion and less pain. However, I seem to have hit a plateau and have not improved measurably in the last 2 sessions. My question is..Is it possible to live with some residual pain from the shoulder impingement? I am wondering if this is as good as it's going to get. I don't have much pain until I have the stretching at PT and the exercises. My PT said these plateaus are not unusual in shoulder rehab, but I could really live with things the way they are right now."

Ask a PT Response: "I can concur with your PT that a patient may plateau in regards to shoulder rehab. In some cases, the patient may make further gains down the road on their own by simply continuing with their home exercise program and by simply utilizing their upper extremity more. If you are not haivng too much pain and you can live with things the way they are now, that is great! Otherwise, since it has only been 2 sessions since your PT feels like you have plateaued, perhaps try therapy a little longer and see if your PT can work on other things that he or she might not have been doing ie. AC & SC joint mobs, different stretches, etc. I hope this helps and wish you the best with your recovery."
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic