Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Head & Neck Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

inflammed & tender trapezius muscle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: inflammed & tender trapezius muscle
    Posted: Aug 09 2012 at 10:13am

Our user asked: "I THINK BETWEEN THE DESK JOB & LIFTING HEAVY BOXES I HAVE REALLY HURT MY UPPER TRAPEZIUS ON THE RT SIDE IT IS INFLAMED AND PAIN IS ASSOCIATED WITH REACHING OUT AND LIFTING EVEN A CUP OF WATER..BEEN THIS WAY FOR ABOUT 2 WKS --COLD COMPRESS AND ADVIL HELP BUT ONLY WHEN I TAKE IT OR USE IT."

Ask a PT Response: "Without additional information and physically examining you, it would be very dififcult to determine what may be going on. The upper trapeziuis acting unilaterally, elevates the shoulder and bends the head toward the same side. Are you having shoulder issues? If so, you may be kicking in the upper trap to assist with shoulder movement and putting stress on it. Since your condition hasn't improve for over 2 wks now, it may be a good idea to see a PT or MD."
Sponsored Links

justinjude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justinjude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2012 at 2:43am
Trapezius is a large pair of muscles that can affect the neck, shoulder and head. You must consult a PT who would suggest some exercises to make your Trapezius strong and would assist you in healing your pain. The most common reason for the pain is stress on these muscles. The first step to get relief from pain is to relax these muscles.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic