Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Low Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

back pain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: back pain
    Posted: Jul 30 2012 at 1:58pm
Our user asked: "I was lifting my child and felt a "pull" in my low back. I woke the next day with moderate pain in the back of both legs into my heels. What should be my first step."

Ask a PT Response: "If your condition has not improved since Tuesday, it may be a good idea to seek out medical attention from a PT or MD. You may have herniated a disc given the pain down the back of both legs. Hot packs and cold packs may help as well. Lower level exercises such as pelvic tilts, 4 point alternating arm/leg lifts, 1/4 wall sllides, etc are some exercises a PT may prescribe to their patients. Best of luck to you."
Sponsored Links

justinjude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justinjude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 1:47am
You must restrict yourself from lifting any heavy objects. Try some hot packs or some sprain relieving ointments. If the pain persists then it would be better to see a PT.
ricky85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricky85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2018 at 12:30pm
To identify the accurate problem, you should do MRI. Injuries may occur back pain. Contact to the orthopedic doctor for better treatment.

Edited by ricky85 - Mar 16 2019 at 8:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic