Advertisement  
   Forum Home CyberPT Home Page      
Forum Home Forum Home > Patient Forum > Low Back Injuries/Conditions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sciatica pain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ask a PT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sciatica pain
    Posted: Jul 30 2012 at 1:45pm
Our user asked: "hi, how do i get relief from this back pain that goes down the back of my leg..i heard it was sciatica.. thank you."

Ask a PT Response: "Sciatica is a pretty generic term used to describe pain down the leg. Sciatica can be caused by a number of conditions, ie. disc impingment, stenosis, tight piriformis, etc. It would probably be best for you to consult with a PT, so that he or she can conduct an evaluation to determine what may be contributing to your sciatica so that a plan of care can be developed based on your specific needs."
Sponsored Links

justinjude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justinjude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2012 at 6:42am
Sciatica is caused due to the irritation happening on the spinal nerve roots. It can be due to spinal disc herination, spinal stenosis, piriformix syndrome, pelvic injury, tumor etc. Common symptoms of sciatica is pain on one side of the leg or buttock.

The treatment of sciatica varies with the underlying cause of the pain. Physical Therapy has known to produce some amazing results in treating sciatic pain.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic